Saturday, June 9, 2007

Have G&R date, will travel!

Wow, it has been a whirlwind few days! Let me catch you all up.

MONDAY: We were not expecting to receive our official dispatch (3rd letter) from the Department of International Adoptions (DIA) in Hanoi for at least a few weeks. So on Monday you could have knocked us over with a feather when we did. So we held our breath…not for very long because on

FRIDAY we received our travel dates! And you are not going to believe this but we will be in HCMC next weekend! Frank and I will meet our daughter for the first time on Fathers day. We are so happy. We are also very busy. This is not much time to prepare and we needed visas and airline tickets ASAP. We sent off our visa application on Friday and had better get our visas and passports back by Wednesday morning because the very next day we fly!

We will keep you all posted as we finish what we started over a year ago! I can’t believe we are almost there…
It is all feeling a little less surreal now. And a little more scary!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you and excited to begin to follow your final leg of the journey to Frances. I love that you get to meet her for the first time on Father's Day too. Happy travels!

Stacy said...

Congrats on the G&R and travel dates - looks like you have been waiting way too long. She is a cutie, and I'll be looking forward to updates when you get over there!

stollmyheart said...

I'm so excited for you! Good luck with the last minute preparations! YAY!

Anonymous said...

Hi
Could you please email me privately and tell me who the agency you are using. thank you.
chimmicat@myway.com

She Stands!

She Stands!
Same dress, New picture May 1st 2007