Saturday, June 16, 2007

At The Airport

We are on our way!

It has been a crazy week. I still cannot believe I am here…In the LAX airport, with a 7.5 hour layover. We are settled at an empty gate in the international terminal. And thanks to good good friends I am typing on a laptop, after which I will settle back and practice my Vietnamese (I am hoping to expand my five words to ten in the next 20 hours.) and then perhaps when I need to relax I will listen to the Nano! A very thoughtful gift, One of the best I have ever received, here I am with 20 hours of travel ahead of me, and now I have a Nano loaded with music and books to help ease the long, long flight. I will treasure it. Wow, I feel like a hip young person hanging out in a terminal with cool technologies. The loud overhead messages in other languages help set the mood.

Sigh, I can’t believe I am here, and almost there. I have been sad, scared, excited and nervous all week. But I woke up this morning happy, happy, happy.

Oregon gave us an amazing sendoff this morning. The sky was clear, the air was warm, and the mountains were majestic! I can’t wait to come home soon with our family of three.

-An amazing sendoff, you bet!

We also got a call from our good friends over at “Groucho’s Family”. Guess who is going next? They are! I am so excited and happy for them. We have been through this long wait with them side by side and it was bittersweet to be leaving without them.

-No wifi,

6/14 2244

3 more hours until takeoff!

1 comment:

Jacob, Angie, Dakota, and Austin said...

congrats to the two of you. i have been following you but never posted. We are from washington but our agency is in portland. We got our daughter in feb. best wishes for you. enjoy it all

Anngie sheaffer
mange02@juno.com

She Stands!

She Stands!
Same dress, New picture May 1st 2007