Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Feel free to call if you are awake, Tuesday morning 12:55AM, Because we are Home!

We're Home!
It is 12:36 AM and Frances is WIDE awake...
but that's okay, so are we!

What is the first thing we did?
1. Said Hello to Julie and her mom Sue at the airline gate!
2. Picked up most of our bags...minus one. A very small one with nothing but purses inside. Seriously. A suitcase full of purses.
3. Were picked up by a very gracious person!
4. Drove 1.5 hrs home...
and on the way stopped to order a large pizza with no surprises. (No fish or yoghurt cream sauce)
5.Popped on over to a grocery store for: bread, milk, pop, and last but not least, FORMULA
...because we being the very new parents did a very bad thing. Ran out of formula the morning we left Hanoi! We had to buy another brand in the HongKong airport.
Her tummy is handling the three brands okay...for now.
6.Now all our tummies are full and we are all very happy to be home. Frances is rocking out on a borrowed exersaucer from Danica. She loves it, and lets out a random happy scream.
7.So what to do next? I would love to call everyone right now, but I guess I will wait until the morning
...

Don't lists usually end in 10? I have got to go, because I am feeling dizzy. 20+hrs on a plane have given me air legs? Does that exist?
Wow, I have lost my mind. Sorry about the pointless ramble.
Yeah, We are home!

8 comments:

mam said...

Welcome home! Did the flight go well? Did Julie show up at the airport by coincidence -- or are you talking about a different Julie? Did Deborah find you? Got any flying tips for us? We leave for Hanoi tomorrow, not home till Monday, like you.

stollmyheart said...

WELCOME HOME! I'm so happy to hear you made it safe and sound and Frances is playing in her own home now! Congrats on everything being official and DONE! Lucky! Can't wait to hear more!

Julie said...

Welcome Home!! Frances is even more beautiful in person than she is in pictures. I loved getting to see and hold her!! She looks like such a happy baby that already loves her mom and dad a ton. It must feel so good to really be home now. Congratulations!!!

S. said...

WElcome home! Glad you made it safely!

Anonymous said...

Yippie Ki-Yay!!!

What a fantastic first Independence Day for Frances!

- Aunt Darlene

(Even though it means I'm a great-aunt, which sounds very, very ancient. :-)

My Franks said...

Melissa,
Sorry I am reading this late.
I would tell you to keep a bib on her, in case she ups her formula in flight. (both babies did on their flight to Hanoi. Luckily this was the only time she got sick on the flight.)
Oh, and don't forget to buy/bring her formula.
You might want to get advice elsewhere on this topic.

My Franks said...

M,
We are lucky and Frances is a great flyer. The clingyness works with flying. She does not mind if she spends hours in our laps!
Deborah is very nice, she found us. Thank you so much for setting that up for us. Let me know if she hates her present. Seriously. She even filled our tank up with gas and would not let us pay her back!
oh the guilt.

My Franks said...

I am very sorry, but we are going to have to insist that she call you Great Aunt Darlene.
hehehe

She Stands!

She Stands!
Same dress, New picture May 1st 2007