Friday, April 25, 2008




Frances runs...cooks...and washes dishes!
I am ending my first month as a Mom who no longer works another job for 40hrs. a week(Hate that other title. (SAHM)) I must confess I was a little worried I was going to he to ask for my job back! I was definitely missing people, and feeling successful at the end of a work day. But I am warming up to this challenge and enjoying all of our close time together. I definitely see myself working part time after the summer, even if just a few days a month.

Frances is wonderful. At 20months she is doing and saying a whole lot. She is running and climbing. Frank is enrolled with her in a parent-tot swim class. She smiles the whole time. Her language has really taken off. She says new words every day it seems, and is starting to link them in a sentence with prompts. We ordered half a dozen parenting books as she has discovered she is her own self and sometimes does not want her diaper changed...or wants a snack,"nak, nak, nak" right now. Toddler parenting is definitely a challenge. I miss what little bit of baby time I had, but am loving this little person emerging. I love her humor, dramatics, craziness and sweetness.

I love it all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh she is soooo cute - especially those little pigtails!

Scott said...

I'm glad you all are doing so well. I notice the same things about Henry--he is learning words and now that he can communicate he isn't really a baby anymore.

Julie said...

Wow!! Frances is getting to be such a big girl! I hope to see you soon!

mam said...

I can't say I blame her...when I want a nak nak nak, I want one RIGHT NOW too! I love the crazy dishwashing hair...did she pull her ponytails out? Can't wait to see you next weekend. Saturday afternoon? Sunday morning?

My Franks said...

MAM-
Pig tails pulled out is a wild look, I'll try and get a close up. Playdate yes.
Julie and MAM-
I think we should all have breakfast again together?
Scott- I'm still calling her my baby until she can say, "I'm NOT a baby!"
Stacy- Thanks, I saw your little one, Love those cheeks!

She Stands!

She Stands!
Same dress, New picture May 1st 2007